Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Yellow River Game Ranch

My lovely friend Jennifer introduced us to a wonderful place called the Yellow River Game Ranch. She and her sweet Taylor went with the kids and I to check it out :)

 Before we got started feeding the animals, we had to feed the children :).  It was a beautiful day for a picnic :)

 We came prepared with a few snacks for the animals, but as we walked in, there were 2 ladies with several kids that were on their way out and had tons of extra food that they gave to us. It was awesome! and we used every bit :).  Here's Tyler feeding a little goat.
 As it turns out, Tyler's celery also doubles as a sword ;)
 Here's angel face feeding another little goat... she was so brave :). They both were!
 Guess what this boy did when he saw the deer..... yep, you guessed it, his hands turned into guns and he shouted pow pow ;).  Then he decided to pet them when we couldn't shoot them!
 Other interesting animals included a humongus pig that loved graham crackers, deer, and bears!! There was also a horse and a couple of donkeys that ate the carrots and celery.  There was a little quarter machine that dispensed corn to feed them also.  We put the corn in our hands and let the horse lick it out.  It was pretty scary for the kids (Okay, me too, but I had to set the fearless example), but I put their hands in mine, and covered the ends of their fingers, that way, if the horse did bite, it would bite my fingers and not theirs... this seemed to ease their minds, and they both fed the horse several times! I was so proud :).

And of course, our trip would not have been complete without a visit to the playground! They had some pretty unique attractions :)
 This girl is a monkey bar fanatic! She can't get enough of them.  She even has calouses on her hands from playing on them all the time at school and day care!
 And here's one I hadn't seen in a while! I LOVED these things when I was little.  I'm pretty sure it was a good idea to get rid of them at most parks, though, but I'm glad my kids got the chance to enjoy one :).

No comments:

Post a Comment