Friday, July 6, 2012

Land of the free!

You know, I wouldn't necessarily call myself "patriotic" but I do love being American and living in America, especially in the SOUTH! I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July and got to enjoy friends, family, and freedom!! We had a particularly fun and funny week this week :)

Tuesday = Sword fight day! Who needs fencing equipment when you have four wheeler helmets and pool noodles?!?!?! (did I mention I love being a southerner?)



Wednesday, the Fourth of July, we went over to Mark and Teresa's for a Pool Party :)


Thursday, we enjoyed a quiet morning at home playing Mickey Memory game. When Tyler refused to get off my lap after both legs falling asleep and me asking him several times to do so, I asked him why he wouldn't leave me alone. His response? Because you're cozy... the closest suitable cozy substitute was Olivia's robe, hence the 6 year old boy playing Memory in a pink heart robe.

After I picked them up from daycare Friday, we had to swing by the grocery store.  They'd been asking for fireworks all week, but I (being the clearance shopper I am) told them to wait until after the 4th and I'd buy them some on sale. Well, guess what! They don't put them on sale, they just send them back if they don't sell them! Fortunately they hadn't sent them back yet, unfortunately, I had to buy them anyway since I'd already promised them to the kids. It was worth it though! We had a blast, and Tyler got really good at lighting his own :).
 
After Daddy got home, we enjoyed a little family time at the lake :) The kids enjoyed the water...
 
Daddy enjoyed chasing them around in the water with Tyler's remote control boat :)
 
 
I'm so thankful for all the blessings that come along with being in America! My heart is full of joy!


No comments:

Post a Comment