Thursday, March 1, 2012

Leap Day

The kids and I almost always have a lot of fun together, but yesterday, we were a little wilder than usual :)

The afternoon started with a stop by Ingles to get hotdogs after talking to my cousin Stacy about what she was eating. I very rarely make hot dogs, but when I heard her say that's what they were having, it was all I could think of!! We did have a little bit of a problem before we got there. Olivia started crying about her food hurting, and I know she was ready to get her boot off, but I wouldn't take it off of her until we got home, so I asked her if she wanted to see if Daddy was home so she could go take her boot off or if she wanted to go to the store with us.  It was a hard choice for her, but she decided to go... as long as she could ride in the buggy!

And Tyler (that smart little cookie... he reminds me of myself ;)) requested to do his homework while we were in the store so he could play and help daddy when we got home. I got the car buggy so he could sit in the car and prop on the steering wheel to do his homework while Olivia rode in the cart.



We wondered around the store aimlessly while we picked up a few things that we needed along with the hot dogs and buns.  I have a hard time functioning in the grocery store anymore without a list and my book of coupons!!! Meanwhile, Tyler finished his homework, and we discovered that Ingles gives free cookies to kids! They were pretty excited about it :) I was too, and a little jealous.

After the homework and the cookie, Tyler decided to do a little Surfing USA on the car while we headed to the check out line. Yes, I'm that mom that lets her child sit on top of the car. Not the whole time, though, just in the last leg of the event.


When we got home, Tyler was in charge of arranging the tots on the sheet pan while I warmed up the grill and laid out the condiments. And after they were in the oven, he set up camp to watch them cook! lol



That didn't last very long, because when I went out to check the hot dogs, he followed me, which was fine, but then I heard a whacking noise. I looked back to find Tyler "chopping wood." Turns out, his dad gave him a log and a hatchet to chop up small sticks while he has been splitting wood. um... yeah..... I'm not going to say much else about that....


After dinner, Daddy took Tyler to get a hair cut, and Olivia and I had our dessert in the bathtub!!! Well, she was in the tub. I was in the floor beside her.  We chatted about school and reading and our favorite foods while she soaked, and we both enjoyed one of my all time favorite foods..... Ice Cream!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment