Friday, March 30, 2012

Let Spring Break Begin!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Happy Joy Joy, we got the Friday "before" spring break, plus an entire week out of school for Spring Break this year! And you know I planned as many fun things as I could think of to make the most of our time off :). On the first day of spring break, we made an early morning trip to the lake to play in the sand.  We stayed all morning, had a picnic lunch, then met a friend at the park to play even more.  And as if that weren't enough fun for one day, my friend Carla, that we met at the park, told me about this frozen yogurt place in Flowery Branch called "twisted and twirled" or something like that, where you get your fro-yo, add all the topings you want, then pay by the oz, so of course the kids and I decided that a trip there would be the perfect way to cool off after our day in the sun :).

Here's Tyler enjoying his "sand chair" we built after several attempts at a sand castle ;)



And here's my sweet pea making "sand angels" :)
 I told the kids they could only get in up to their knees because the water was pretty cold.... of course, that lasted all of 5 minutes before they got totally soaked, so you know I gave in!

The kids were really digging the swings at the park, and the twirly slide.... its much bigger than the one at the park by our house, and "our park" doesn't have swings, so of course, this was the best park trip ever... :).... you know the baby swings were much cooler than the regular swings too.... lol.

The yogurt was also an excellent adventure :). I love how Tyler got fruity yogurt with sour candy toppings (like his daddy) and Olivia got chocolate ice cream with all chocolate toppings (like yours truely).



I'd say that was an overall excellent first day of spring break :)!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete