Monday, April 25, 2011

That Sensible Bunny

After the Easter Bunny last year spent over a hundred dollars, and only had a few things in the basket, he requested that Mrs. Bunny get the baskets together this year.  That super-sensible bunny delivered so many practical things like socks, vitamins, toothbrushes, toothpaste, band-aids, shampoo, body wash, a swimsuit for Tyler, a Shirt for Olivia, and one toy each, and they were all lovingly placed in a sand pail instead of yet another basket that will be piled up in the closet. (not to mention that Mrs. Bunny used coupons on most of the Easter stuff.) I don't have the total tally for the price of the baskets, but I'm fairly certain that it is much less than a hundred dollars. And do you know that that bunny had the foresight to know that the kids would be getting so much candy that they wouldn't need any more!!

The Easter Bunny didn't forget Mom and Dad either, We got Pedicures for Easter.  It was SO great just chatting with each other and relaxing.  It was like going to get a pedicure with my best friend :).


On Easter Sunday, we went to Gillsville Baptist to see my Mom sing with the Choir in their Easter Program.  The program was great, but the video clips they showed were a little too graphic for the kids.  We tried to hide their eyes, but it wasn't until half way through it that we realized that their was a screen in the back of the church too that Tyler was watching.  He asked us "Why that man nailed Jesus?" I was super impressed with the way Junior handled it.  Olivia was sitting with my sister, and Lindsey did a good job fielding the questions too.  Olivia told her that the bad part only lasted 3 days, then it was the good part. I plan on bringing it up to talk to them a little more about it this week, and before Church Sunday.  They seemed to catch on pretty well, I just wish I would have known it would be such a graphic video. We still would have gone, though.

After Church, we stopped by Mrs. Janice's before we went to my Mother in law's for lunch.  Mrs. Janice, being the practical bunny she is, gave them each a box of spring colored rice crispy treats, one small chocolate bunny, and a card with money :).  Junior and I got the same thing :) (but we had to share our box of treats).  Mrs. Janice is the best ever!!!

At lunch with my Mother in law, the food was terrific, as usual, and I even got a to-go bowl with her delicious pasta salad! The kids had a great time hunting eggs, and got lots of great money eggs and candy eggs.  It was a nice time, and a beautiful day!!

After we took the kids to see their mom, Junior and I went motorcycle riding with Lindsey and Matt, and John and Anne.  It was a nice day for a ride (until the sun went down and I didn't have a jacket).  It was a little cold, but I enjoyed snuggling up to my man to stay warm. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment