Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Good advice

I don't remember where I read this, but I remember 2 pieces of motherly advice that I have heeded to many times. 1 - never buy the largest picture package (my mom always bought the smaller ones, and she still has tons of wallets, and 3x5's that have never even been cut apart, still in the picture envelopes from school days past). and 2 - when a kid wants a bandaid, just give it to them, whether they need it or not. I usually buy our bandaids with coupons, so it doesn't even waste that much of our money, either, and it makes the kids SO happy.  Olivia came out of the bathroom one day (after the Easter Bunny brought her Barbie Bandaids) looking like a pink and purple collage.  She'd even put a bandaid on a line of marker ink on her leg! HA! But I just kissed all the bandaids and told her I was proud of here for being a big girl and taking care of herself :).

Well, after a slight oversight of leaving a razor in the bathtub when Tyler went in for a bath, he plays, gets out, dries off, then finds 2 little slices in his finger.  They're just in the skin, there was no blood involved, but he was certain a bandaid was necessary.  A little later, he and Junior were playing with cars in the livingroom floor, and I don't know how it happened, but he smashed a finger on his other hand too... poor baby.  But I'm telling you, that bandaid sure did help!

Here's the healed up, and happy patient showing off his Toy Story 3 Bandaid, and Spongebob Bandaid all tucked into bed.


Junior told him to get the towel and dry his hair a little before bed.... I think he missed the "get a towel" part, though, because he asked for my assistance with the blowdryer, and ended up with this wacky and wonderful do :)... it fell down by the time we got up the next morning, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment