Tuesday, August 16, 2011

2 of my most favorite things working together... food and saving money!

Last night, I was pretty tired, but still wanted to have a delicious dinner, so I broke out the ole deep covered baker from pampered chef and whipped up something fantastic in no time at all :) I'd just been grocery shopping and had gotten split checken breast for 99¢/lb. The package I got for me and Junior was $2.19. I got rice for free with my coupon. I had also just bought some low sodium chicken broth on buy one get one free sale at Publix. So, I mixed the rice and broth in the baker and put the chicken on top. 20 minutes later, I had a wonderful meal for less than 3 dollars. But I didn't stop there :) I put a 59¢ can of green beans in my small micro cooker (also from pampered chef) with some pampered chef pantry crushed peppercorn garlic, and 3 minutes later, had another delicious side dish. Everything was amazing, easy, cheap, and I had enough leftovers for lunch today! Who could ask for anything more!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment