Sunday, July 3, 2011

Rain, Rain, Come and Play

I'm loving these summer days at home with Olivia and Tyler (and Junior, some days, since work's been slow). We have done a lot of different things, but they still love doing the same old things too, like riding their bikes to the park, and jumping on the trampoline. Unfortunately, when its raining outside, our summer activities are limited.... unless, of course, the rain does not come complete with the thunder and lightning.

On this particular day, we were already outside when the rain started :)


Tyler played a little more, but as you can see, Olivia broke out in a dead run to the garage as soon as it started.  When the rain got a little heavier, we went inside, but after I heard hail, we opened the back door to check it out.  I got to teach them what hail was, then Tyler got to discover it for himself... he wanted to eat it, but couldn't catch it mid-air.  I think he ate one off the deck, though. lol. We sing that song "If all the rain drops were lemon drops and gum drops, oh what a rain that would be. Standing outside with my mouth open wide. Aaah Aaah A Aaah Aaah A Aaah Aaah A Aaah" I know the verse for rain drops and snow flakes, but has anyone ever heard a verse for Hail balls??? I may be working on that one pretty soon :).


The thunder kicked in pretty shortly after this.  I told the kids weeks ago that the thunder was the Angels Bowling. A week or 2 later, it had been thundering like crazy, then stopped for a few seconds, and Tyler says "I think the little one missed." It took me a minute to figure out what he was talking about, since we hadn't talked about the Angels bowling that day, but once I did, I thought it was SO precious!!  Well this day, once it started thundering pretty steady, Tyler says with complete enthusiasm, "Hey! That little Angel is getting pretty good." LOVE THAT BOY!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment