Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Unexpectedly Fun Day :)

My plans for today (since the kids were with their other mother) were to clean out the refrigerator, do laundry, and change sheets. Notice the "WERE."

When I woke up, Junior asked me if I wanted to go to Jefferson with him to look at a scooter and get some parts off an old Nova to go on ours.  So up I got, and off we went.  We stopped and got a chicken biscuit for breakfast (YUM), checked out the scooter (which was in worse shape than he expected), got the parts off the other Nova (which didn't work :(  ), rode around down some dirt roads (which brought back some fun memories for both of us), and then we ended up at the Junkyard.... imagain that, MY husband, taking me to the junkyard.... looking for more parts for the Nova (which we found).

Then, unfortunately, we got a call from the daycare that Olivia had a tummy ache, and wasn't feeling well. So we headed to daycare to pick her up, her cousin Kaelyn was going to daycare with the kids this week, so we picked up Tyler and Kaelyn too.  When I got to the daycare, Olivia had been in the bathroom for a good deal of the morning, and had just woken up from a nap, but when we got home, she was good as new.  I fixed them lunch, and they played in their rooms for a while, then we got out the waterslide and let them play on that for a while, then they jumped on the trampoline for a while, and then they came in to dry off and have some more fun.  Tyler and I made cupcakes, and worked on a puzzle while it baked.  Then, Junior took over with Tyler and put together and painted an airplane with him, and the girls, who have just emerged from Olivia's room in dresses and jewelry, and I headed to our bathroom for a makeover.  We did hair, nails, makeup, and accessorized with more jewelry and some shoes from my closet. Olivia and Kaelyn were so sweet.  They did their own make up and thier nails on their non-dominant hands (I had to paint the hand they write with), but then I stepped in with the hair-do's.  Olivia, who has curly hair, requested the flat iron.  Kaelyn, who has straight hair, of course, wanted rollers.  It was so much fun playing with them and fixing their hair and nails. I think they enjoyed it too.... then afterwards, we enjoyed some cupcakes, courtesy of Mr. Crocker, Tyler :), who enjoyed having both beaters all to himself since Olivia was preoccupied with her cousin.




When Kaelyn's dad got off work, all three of them went to his apt until Olivia and Tyler had to go spend the night with their other family. I hate that Olivia wasn't feeling good, but I was so happy to get to spend the afternoon with all 3 of them.  It was some good, quality time :).

After the kids were gone, I fixed supper, cubed steak and gravy, rice, and green beans, and we ate and relaxed.  Then decided to go for a ride on our fourwheeler.  We went down a dirt road, and through the neighborhood and stopped and talked to a neighbor, and came back home, and Junior tinkered around with the car while I relaxed and watched :) The weather was great and so was the company :)

No comments:

Post a Comment