Wednesday, January 19, 2011

After After School Fun

I told the kids I'd take them to the park Monday afternoon when they woke up from their naps, so when they got up, we all put on warm clothes and shoes, coats, hats, mittens (well, I don't have mittens, but they do), and I grabbed a beach towel in case their was some snow, or water on the slides. So we're all geared up and ready to go, totally prepared (or so I think), and we open the front door to find it RAINING!!! Great! I don't think a beach towel will help with that.  So I told them that I'd take them to the park when I picked them up from after school, Tuesday.  Well, it rained all day Tuesday, but stopped just a few minutes before I picked them up, so when they walk out of the daycare to see that its not raining.... well, I think you know what they expected... So we went to the park :)

They like to go to the playground at City Park in Gainesville, first, because its close, and they don't have to wait long before they're there, and second, because City Park has something that our park doesn't.  They have this cool swinging rope, hanging from a sliding track.  The kids think its great, and they do SUCH a good job taking turns.  One time we went, there were 2 other kids there, and they were so good about keeping up with who's turn was next.  (Maybe a little too good... I may have some little teacher-to-be's on my hands :))  Here's the slider, in case you didn't quite understand my description.




So after a little swinging back and forth, I look around and see Tyler headed for the car, so I watch to see what he's up to.  He tries to open the door, and hollers "unlock the door" when he can't open it.  So I unlocked it, but it only worked on the driver's door, so he climbs in the driver's door, into and over the back seat, gets the towel left from the day before, and climbs back out.  He closes the door and heads back to the playground, climbs up to the top of the slide, lays out the towel folded in half, sits on it, and starts scooting.  He couldn't quite get it started, so I gave him a little pull. It wasn't until after this whole ordeal, that he comes to me and explains what he was doing and why.  PRECIOUS!!!!!!!  I love it when they think for themselves!!!




By the way, the park bathrooms are locked on rainy days. I'll spare you from that story for now :).

No comments:

Post a Comment