Thursday, January 20, 2011

A pat on the back is always good...

Especially when it comes from your children :).

With both of the kids and myself eating lunch before noon (and Olivia before 11), once we get home, it is a race to get dinner on the table.  I got an AMAZING recipe from my friend Robyn for this Spinach-Mozzarella Meatloaf, and was excited about trying it. It had to cook for an hour, so I planned for salads while we waited.  But then the hunger kicked in, and I knew I just couldn't wait an hour... so I rolled the meatloaf mixture into meatballs, and cooked them in a skillet.  IT WAS DELICIOUS!!! However, since the kids started with Salads, they were ready to move on to dessert, instead of eating "Meatloaf Balls" with us. 

After some coaxing, we finally got Tyler to try a meatball.  He tasted it, looked at Junior, and said, "oh yeah man, it IS good." Then he turns to me, sticks his arm straight out, pointing at me, and says "Good Cooking" in his most serious and proud tone.

That was quite a compliment to me.  The enthusiasm was what pushed it over the top!  Love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment