Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Morgan Thanksgiving

My dad likes to get friends and family together periodically to have a little target practice.  He calls these events "shootings." Well, he had been planning a shooting for November 12th for a while because it was the day of the Midway Methodist BBQ and we would be able to shoot guns and hang out together and Mom wouldn't be slaving away in the kitchen and everyone would still eat good.... cause you know the Morgans have to eat good!
The week before the shooting, as my mom was trying to get together with other family members to coordinate Thanksgiving dinner, my dad decides to turn the Shooting into Morgan Thanksgiving this year. Everyone was okay with it, and there were a few family members (Josh and John, namely) that were more than okay with the idea :).

Olivia and Tyler brought their Nerf Guns so they could shoot too.  We stood this sign up behind all the action so the kids could shoot.  I love how Olivia's bullet stuck to the "target"!!


My dad, AKA "Mr. Kent" or "Uncle Kent" was kind enough to give us a target to shoot at :).  This is Cousin Anthony, he brought his "beebee gun" complete with holster and earmuffs. He has very good aim :).


And here are my boys. Yes, my 5 year old is shooting a real gun, and it makes me proud :)


(Notice the cheering section in their chairs sitting a few yards away from the action. It looks like the kids' target had been relocated as well.)

We had a great time together shooting guns and eating BBQ for Thanksgiving dinner.  I am very thankful for my family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment