Tuesday, June 7, 2011

#1 job requirement for motherhood: Creativity!

When running a household, there are many times when one must be creative... for example, when you run out of paper towels, when you can't find the bandaids, when its raining outside and it didn't take as long as you thought to clean up bedrooms,  when you forget to pack someone's underwear or socks on a trip, when you're trying to come up with something for dinner, breakfast, snacks, lunch.... well, you get the picture.

So, tonight, we decided on Breakfast for Dinner, and if you've read some of these blogs, you know that pancakes are my kids' favorite breakfast. I got the bacon started and went for the flour to start pancakes, and to my dismay, there was hardly any left.  Solution: we rolled out canned biscuit dough and cooked them in butter like pancakes (well, I usually spray the pan with butter flavored cooking spray, but since it was biscuit dough, I figured I'd better use the real thing). My big boy, Tyler, was helping me out by rolling out the biscuits, and when we got to the last few, he asked for Thomas the train again.... well, Thomas didn't turn out so well.  According to Tyler, it looked like a car.  His next request... The Helicopter from Thomas the Train.

SSOOOOOOOOO................. Here's a Thomas the Train Helicopter - Biscuit Dough Pancake

No comments:

Post a Comment