Thursday, June 9, 2011

The circle of Life...

Lindsey and I used to LOVE going to Skate Country with our day care.  And today, Olivia and Tyler's day care went, and I went with them :).  It was crazy to be there (its hardly changed in 25 years!) in my mom's shoes.  It was great, though. I loved seeing them get more and more comfortable on their skates, and interacting with their friends.

They didn't want to go at first.  Olivia's didn't like it when she went last year, and Tyler had never been.  But, I told them that I'd help them and hold their hands, and they were okay with that.

Here they are, ready to ROLL!!!!!
It took Olivia a little while to get moving good, but when she finally did, she'd hold the half-wall at the snack bar to go across inside the rink, then skate down the carpet where there was nothing to hold on to, and hold on to the back wall to go back across the rink.  She was so independent. It was great.  She got to where she would skate around holding my hand, and did so good.  I'm thinking about taking them back in a couple of weeks to let them practice some more :).

 Tyler had a pretty good system too.  He started out on the carpet, then moved to the hardwood.



He was so cute skating by himself. His little skates were moving back and forth so fast, but he was hardly going anywhere! It was cute.  Then he would squat down and roll the wheels on the skates with his hands to make him move.  It was so funny! Maybe he was pretending they were monster trucks.

And here's my sweet baby after some jerk ran over his finger :-( Nothing some Ice and Kisses wouldn't fix, though.


As for me... its only been about 4 and a half hours since we left the skating rink, and my hips and back are already sore.... that can't be a good sign!!!  It was well worth  it though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment