Thursday, June 16, 2011

Frances Meadows Aquatic Center

We went to Frances Meadows Aquatic Center several times last year, and the kids loved it, but Tyler wasn't quite tall enough to get on the big waterslides.  Well, my friends, this year was the year! We were there today from 10 til 3 and the only time these two stopped was for the 10 minute safety breaks every hour.

First stop, Big Waterslides! Then some playing in the swirlpool and lazy river, playing in the splash area, and of course, lots and lots more sliding on the big waterslides. After a lunch break, we went inside to the pool so the kids could jump off the diving board (they'd been asking since right after we got there, but they were having swimming lessons in there until 1). Then back out for more splashing, sliding, and playing. They even ran into their stepsisters, and had a blast playing with them.

The kids love jumping and diving off the diving boards in the "inside pool" but for some reason, when Olivia got up there, she was very reluctant to jump.  She started backing back off the diving board, then looking at me saying she was scared, and I'd tell her to come on,  then she'd go back towards the end to jump, then she'd back up again. She's jumped off that diving board tons of times, I don't know what her deal was. I kept telling her to hurry because there were a lot of people waiting in line, but she sort of froze up.  So I rush over to the diving board where she's standing at the end of the rails, and over the water, AND SHOVE HER INTO THE WATER. I know, I know, that wasn't sweet, and that's exactly what Olivia said when she swam to the side, but I talked to her about what was going on, and why I did that, and why she'd suddenly gotten so scared, and after that, she jumped and jumped and jumped.  I sort of wonder if it would have had the same outcome if I'd climbed up on that diving board and gotten her down, I don't know if I could have talked her into getting back on it or not? Either way, what's done is done, she's not mad at me anymore, and I didn't get in trouble with the lifeguard, so i guess all's well that ends well :).

Then, towards the end of the afternoon, Tyler finds a truck in our bag.  So during the safety break, he takes a trucking break :).


Only Tyler would be playing with a truck in a waterpark. I have a picture of him from a couple of years ago playing with a motorcycle :).

No comments:

Post a Comment