Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Its like the previews for the next new episode of your favorite show...

For most, summer has begun and is off to a fabulous start.  For me, I had a one day taste of summer, and have to go back to work the rest of the week.  I am fortunate, and excited to be one of the teachers opening Moore Middle School in Lawrenceville, Ga. As part of our preparation for our first year, we are having a "staff retreat" tomorrow and Friday to get a jump start on all that will be happening. So my schedule this week, was like a preview for summer.  I was off Monday for Memorial Day, worked Tuesday for post planning and wrapped everything up at Richards Middle, and I was off today, and had an AMAZING summer day with my children, then BACK TO WORK for the rest of the week.  I'm not complaining, I know most of you will be working all summer long.

This morning, the kids and I were planning a picnic at the lake, and Tyler wanted our cousin Anthony to come with us, so I called his parents and they agreed to let me borrow their child for a few hours.  He was a dream!!! So well-behaved!! And even though he's 2 weeks apart in age from Tyler, and also a boy, he played with both Tyler and Olivia, back and forth, so that was really sweet :).  I don't think he's as into sinking monster trucks in the mud as Tyler is! Ha. 

He was in this same spot almost all day!! I reapplied sunscreen to his back several times!



Here's my girl on her new turtle that her favorite friend, Moriah, gave her for her birthday :)


We took a little break to walk over to the dock and boat ramps to feed the fish and geese (and Tyler threw some rocks into the water... imagine that)


Then he took a few moments to do a hula dance for us on this rock. :)


After all the beach festivities, we went home, showered, took Anthony back to his Noni's, had a little snack, took a little and I emphasize LITTLE nap, folded a little laundry, cooked and ate dinner, and then headed to the park.  The kids have started riding their bikes over there. They LOVE it! They've been to that park so many times, and I can imagine the same old playground getting a little old, especially with no swings :(, so we've taken the tee, bat, gloves, and balls before to play on the softball field down there, but having the kids ride their own bikes there is great! The playing begins before you even leave home, and there's lots of new territory to explore down there. Its been a great discovery for us. They are really great to steer into the grass when a car is coming too. (in case you didn't pick up on it, I'm SO proud of my big boy and girl! They impress and amaze me constantly)



SUMMER, Get ready for the Lances, cuz we're ready for you!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment