Sunday, February 6, 2011

Family Fun Day!!

This was the first Saturday in a while that Junior didn't have something to work on, or something planned, so I took the opportunity to plan some fun family activities :).

We started the day out slow by watching cartoons on the couch ;).  Then when Daddy got up and got back from taking the trash to the dump, we headed to Fernbank. We did, however, make a pitstop at the Varsity for some lunch.

The kids didn't think the hats were quite as cool as I did, but they still put them on for a minute!

Fernbank was a lot of fun.  We saw a lot of familiar things, and some new things. I think Olivia and I liked it the most.  Tyler got tired before we were done and hitched a ride of Daddy's shoulders, and Junior was nice enough to wait until after we left, to tell me that he's not a fan of museums (Of course, that was no shock to me). You never would have known that while we were walking through it, though, so I was happy about that.







It was so nice to see the kids having such a great time, and to watch Olivia try to read everything. They were so well behaved, too.  They make me proud :).

On the way home, we stopped by Dave and Busters to use some coupons I had for free games. It was a great time, and we even ended up with the busted ski ball machine, which worked out to our advantage because the guy that fixed it put a few extra games on it for us.  That was pretty cool :) It was funny to watch how they both seemed to migrate to the racing games and shooting games.  They are definitely their Father's children.





We headed home to relax for a while, then met Mr. Kent and Mrs. Janice at the auction for some evening entertainment :). We always have a good time at the auction, and sometimes even find something we just can't live without :).  My dad loves it too, but once he starts bidding, he usually ends up with a truck load of stuff. We finally got home about 10, and both kids were out like shout within 5 minutes.  Junior and I were about 10 minutes behind them!  It was a long, yet WONDERFUL day with my family.  I'm so fortunate to be able to do things like that with them. I'm so happy to have them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment