Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Not just a job

You know, there's more to a job than the work you do.  You're still "you" while you're there.  And part of me, is a coupon clipping, frugal shopping, penny watcher (granted, many times, I just watch the pennies float away, and many times I pinch them, but all that comes down to where your priorities are, I guess). So, working at a school, I have access to a full meal, including drink, for 3 dollars.  And yes, it is 3 dollars for a school lunch that is no more food than the students get, but if I were working in an office and had to "run out" for food, I'd spend a lot more than 3 dollars, so its good and bad, depending on how your outlook is that day.

BUT... I can eat lunch for much less than 3 dollars too! I can bring left-overs, or even buy those frozen dinners that are only a dollar. What do I do when I don't have leftovers or dollar meals and I don't want to spend 3 dollars on school lunch???  Sometimes, I bring tortillas and cheese, and have makeshift quesadillas that I melt in the microwave in the custodians' break room, but today, I've chosen a 225 calorie lunch that was surprisingly less nutritious than I thought, but was delicious, and only cost 49 cents plus tax. Plus it can be prepared in less than 2 minutes at school and requred no preparation at home.  What is it you ask???


YUM!

A couple of days ago, Junior brought me flowers.  Well, I wanted to enjoy them at home and work, so, yesterday, I clipped a couple of the smaller flowers off and brought them to school with me so I can look at them during the day before they're all dead and gone.  I set them on my filing cabinet with one of our wedding pictures.



I dumped my paperclips out of the paperclip holder, and poured some water in there out of my water bottle to make a home for my blooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment