Tuesday, February 22, 2011

How can a child that I didn't give birth to be so much like me???

My poor sweet baby girl has had a runny nose for a few days.  Saturday, we had a full day, so I wanted to make sure she was feeling okay, and didn't have to blow her poor little nose constantly.  I had a coupon for Triaminic, and it was on sale at Ingles last week, so I bought the daytime formula... so I gave it to her Saturday morning, and about mid-morning, when dad came in from working on the dune buggy, she sat in his lap to snuggle with him, and this is what happened...


I just thought she was tired from all the housework we did earlier that morning, and she'd gotten up really early. So, 4 hours after the first dose, when we were getting ready to go see the Sound of Music, I gave her another dose so that she would not be sniffing and blowing during the show. We got ready, hopped in the car, and were on the way, when she suddenly got very quiet.  I looked back to find...



It was at this point that I realized that daytime medicine has the opposite effect on my baby... SAME AS ME!!! I understand why some of her mannerisms, expressions, and sayings are like mine, but there are a lot of other things that are similar between us that don't make sense.  FREAKY... but I love it!!!!

She's feeling much better now :) and she woke up before we got to the play.  When she was waking up, I asked her what she was doing and she said "I'm playing the quiet game." :)  I told her she's very good at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment