Thursday, February 24, 2011

A night at the Circus

Tonight I got to watch my 3 loves all see their first Circus!! It was PRECIOUS! you should have seen the kids walking in, taking it all in.  I got an email several weeks ago that I could get discounted tickets to the circus through my school system, and since this weekend, the kids have to go to their biological mother's apartment, I got the tickets for tonight... yes, it was a school night, but it was my birthday, so TOTALLY excusable!!  We got there early enough for the pre-show which was pretty cool.  The kids got to meet the performers, get  a stick on tattoo, watch an elephant paint a picture, see a sneak preview of a few of the performances, got clown noses, and got to try on a few pieces of circus wardrobe. We got to our seats in PERFECT time for the show to begin.  It was terrific.  So colorful, and busy... never a dull moment... sort of like our life :).  We did leave a few minutes early so the kids could still get in their 8 hours of sleep, but they were too tired to really appreciate it by that point anyway. We were in the front row of the balcony, so we had a great view of everything, and the luxury of leaning against the rails with noone in front of us to worry about. It also came in really handy when they brought the tigers out and the kids jumped in both our laps, in fear of the tigers coming to get them.  I thought about telling them they'd be full from eating all the people in the front by the time they got to us, but I decided that it probably wasn't the best way to handle the situation. haha... they relaxed after a few minutes though.








No comments:

Post a Comment