Thursday, December 1, 2011

Tis the season to get crafty

I think I've mentioned this before, but I joined a website called pinterest.com where people share ideas and things they like.  I have used several recipes, a decoration idea, and lots of fun ideas for things to do with the kids from the site.  There are a lot of fun ideas for Christmas, and since I've decided that the kids and I are going to MAKE all of our decorations this year. (Yeah, I've decided that I'm not going into the attic to drag down my beautiful tree and all my beautiful ornaments this year.)  I now plan to take the family to a tree farm to chop down our own tree, wrestle it into our house, try to get it to stand up straight, and MAKE all of the decorations. (You'll hear more about that later, I'm sure)  So far, we've picked out some pine cones to spray paint, and make a couple of things, but tonight, we made some clay with a recipe from pinterest, and cut them out with Christmas cookie cutters, and poked a hole in them with a straw.  They should dry over the next couple of days, and when the kids get back home from spending the weekend with their mother, we will paint them.


The other idea that we used yesterday was the tomato cage Christmas tree.  We just went and got one of our tomato cages from under the back deck, wiped it off, and wrapped it in Christmas lights, and voila!!


No comments:

Post a Comment