Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Good Parent or Big Kid???

I had a super wonderful night with my babies tonight :).  When I got home with Pizza, they were outside playing, riding bikes, and helping Daddy build our dune buggy. They must have been really hungry, though, because they dropped everything when the pizza arrived!

We went in to eat, and I decided that since it was so nice outside, and since Junior didn't seem to be coming in anytime soon, we should eat outside. So I gave the kids an old comforter and had them sneak out the front door  and "surprise daddy." (okay I really just didn't want them dragging it through all the grease in the garage.)

So I took the pizzas and paper towels outside to get them settled and started on dinner, then headed back in for Ranch dressing and Drinks.  I asked them if they wanted capri sun, orange juice, water, or milk.  Tyler chose OJ, and Olivia chose Chocolate Milk.  So when I get to the fridge, I see that there are only about 2 servings of each left.  Now, this is where the options reveal themselves. I could use small cups in order to save enough for breakfast in the morning; I could use big cups so that they would drink it all and not leave a few drops in the bottom of the jug; OR I could just let them drink out of the jugs!!! Why would I do that? Because I'm a grown up, and I can, I guess.  I know I would have loved it as a child, and I thought they would too.  I was RIGHT! Believe it or not, I let those babies sit in the driveway, eating carry out pizza, and drinking out of half gallon and gallon plastic JUGS!!!! Oh yeah, That Happened!!! I don't know why I thought it was a good idea, but they loved it, and Junior and I got a good giggle over it :)

After we were cleaned up for dinner, it was shower time.  Well, usually they take showers, but tonight, Tyler wanted a bath. I put him in the tub and turned on the water, threw in some bubbles, and went to help Olivia with a little homework while the water ran.  A few minutes later, I hear Tyler shouting for me in a pretty serious tone.  It took me a minute to get there, but when I did, I found him up to his neck in bath water.  LOL.  Now, more options.... drain some water, warn him not to splash too much, or put on a red bathing suit and be the life guard just in case he drowns.... what do you think I chose? Option C of course!! The kids have gone "swimming in the bath tub" many times, complete with arm floaties, boogie board, swim suits, and even sand toys, but I haven't ever "swam in the tub" with them.  But tonight, Tyler had a near drowning experience ( he was faking... lol), and I had to jump in and "save" him :).  When Olivia finished her homework and found me, she was nice enough to let me practice saving her from drowning too :).

HAHAHA!!! These kids are GREAT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment