Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I love my big helper, and my really big helper.

I love spending time in the kitchen with the kids.  I tell them they're my big helpers.  They can do so much, and after they've done something a few times with help, I'll let them do it on their own, and they feel so proud.  And I'm super proud of them too :).  Well, tonight I had 2 helpers, but not my usual pair. Tonight, Daddy was my biggest helper.  And man is he good in the kitchen :).  He and Tyler were in charge of the "tater chips" while I got the pork chops started on the griddle. Tyler brushed the pan with oil while junior sliced the potatoes wtih the grater.  They were such a good team :). Then Junior ended up pretty much cooking our whole meal while I found things for Tyler to "help daddy with." Daddy's not quite as industrious as me when it comes to finding jobs (and patience) for my helpers. I sure did enjoy cooking, and eating with my family tonight :) I always do, though.  I try not to take even a moment for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment