Sunday, March 6, 2011

Weekend Rituals

On the weekends, the kids and I are up WAY before their dad, so we get to play, paint, bond, watch tv, snuggle, clean, draw, jump on the trampoline, read books (play in the rain or snow), and whatever else we feel like doing, but regardless of the morning's activities, breakfast is ALWAYS Pancakes, or as Tyler would say, Panny Cakes.

They are such good helpers in the kitchen, and are getting really good at cracking eggs, and "stirring gently." Our pancakes, though always delicious, are a little out of the ordinary.  Even the most boring of pancakes, at our house, are served with sprinkles (this is in a time pinch).  Sometimes, they're shaped like Stars, Hearts, Swirls, and Zigzags (And Snowmen and Christmas Trees, in December). Sometimes, the kids add a few drops of food color after the batter is in the pan, and swirl it around with forks, or toothpics.  Today, we tried a little something different.  I put the batter into 4 cups, stirred in 4 separate colors of food coloring, and the kids each had their own small pan to drizzle the batter into.  We've done this before, but I put the batter into bowls.  Cups were much easier. The kids liked having their own pans, and they even flipped their pancakes with their own spatulas, and turned them out into their own plates.  I know you can't tell that I'm super proud of them, but I am.  I LOVE our time together!!!!!!!!


Rainbow Pancake AND Rainbow Sprinkles :-)

And, my girl is definitely rockin' her jean jacket with ner Dora night gown :) LOVE HER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment