Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day

My friend Katie said it best on her facebook post, "St. Patrick's Day used to be an excuse to party, now its an excuse to make cookies." She's got it! When it was just me, I'd make plans to go to the local Irish Pub dressed all in green, or I'd hang out with friends, have a party, whatever seemed like a good idea at the time. Well, like my dear Katie, it's not just me anymore.  Last year, I made a midnight trip to walmart the night before to get the kids something green to wear the next day.  This year, they had stuff (Olivia's wearing the same shirt she wore last year :)) to wear, but we still needed to celebrate, so I made green rice crispies treats for Olivia's class :). (and added green sprinkles left over from Christmas:))


I took her to school this morning. She's wearing a green shirt, you just can't see it in this picture. She's coloring a shamrock :). She makes me so proud, every day!!! (I know you probably can't tell, or anything)

No comments:

Post a Comment