Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Dumplins with my dumplin'

I put some chicken in the crockpot this morning, not knowing what it would become for dinner.  I started thinking about it on the way home.  It was cold and rainy, and I decided Chicken Dumplins would be exactly what we needed. The last couple of times I made them, my dumplings didn't quite stand up to the soup, so I called my mom and my Memaw for tips.  I was going to call my aunt Millie, but she's in Pigeon Forge :(.  After discussing the dumplings with the experts, I decided to opt for canned biscuits rolled out and cut.  It WORKED! They turned out much better than the homemade ones I've been making.  I'll try making them myself again, but I think I'll use the whop-'ems a few more times. I'd already started cooking when Junior and the kids got home, but Miss Olivia was just in time to roll out and cut up the dumplings.  She did great!

As I was dropping some in, I gave her the next biscuit to start cutting.  When I turned back around, she'd done quite an interesting cutting job.  She informed me that she decided to do that one a little differently. It was a hot mess, but I loved it, and dropped them in just like she had them.

Here's my assistant holding up her dumplings :)
(don't you just love how the kids' artwork has outgrown the fridge and migrated to the cabinets?!?!)

Here's out finished product. It was Delicious, I think, the best ones I've made yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment