Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A new coupon low...

Last Sunday, there was a coupon in the paper for $10 off a $25 costume.  I usually don't spend that much on a costume, I'll make something, or piece something together, so I didn't clip it.  Then, Tyler decides he wants to be a policeman for halloween (if you saw a previous post, he wants to be a policeman so he can find the man who stole my purse and put him in jail). How do you piece together, or make a policeman costume for any less than 25 bucks? So I decide to just go buy the costume ($29.99, $19.99 with the coupon). I checked my coupon book just in case I'd saved it, but of course, I hadn't.  Then I started looking through the trash for it.  Junior asked me what I was doing then he asked me if it was worth it for a coupon.  My response... "Are you crazy? For a ten dollar coupon? YES! Its worth it!" Wouldn't you reach in the trash for a ten dollar bill? Well, my trash attempt was unsuccessful.

In other news, my friend, Donna, at school, is collecting newspapers for a project her students are going to start next week.  So, Monday, when I got to school, I dug through her newspapers.  I found the coupon! Yaay! Too bad it expired the day before!!!!!!!  I was bummed about that, but I did find 2 other coupon inserts that other people had left in their papers, so that made it worth it.  As I headed back to my office, I noticed that there was a code to use the coupon online, so I thought "maybe they didn't set it up to expire online, so I'll try and see if I can use it there."  The website did let me use the coupon online, so I decided to go a step further and call the store to see if they would honor it too, AND THEY SAID THEY WOULD!!!!!!! Yippee! So I went and picked up the costume after work and used my expired, dug out of the newspaper pile, coupon, and it worked like a charm :).

And I believe we are ready for halloween :).

A cowgirl and a cop! I will feel very safe trick or treating this year :).

No comments:

Post a Comment