Tuesday, October 25, 2011

It just so happened....

We ate dinner on the deck tonight, and were just chit chatting when Olivia asked what the worst kind of storm was.  I went through a few; tornado, hurricane, tsunami, monsoon... then Tyler informs us that Volcanos are the worst kind of storm. And it just so happened, that I knew how to make a volcano.

Here's what I came up with:
Start with a finger paint tray, a shot glass, 2 plastic bags, brown construction paper, scissors, tape, baking soda, vinegar, and food coloring.

I wadded up the plastic bags and taped them around the shot glass.  Olivia and Tyler cut strips of the brown paper, and I taped it to the rim of the glass and around the plastic bags.  We placed it on the tray, put baking soda in the glass, mixed food coloring with the vinegar in a cup, and voila!



Good times!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment