Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Winning Wednesday Afternoon

We've had quite the eventful Wednesday afternoon.  Here's the short version:
1. McDonalds for dinner
2. Played outside with Daddy
3. Went to the park
4. Stopped by Brusters
5. Went to Walmart
6. Got ready for bed and zonked out

Here's the detailed version:
Junior and the kids picked up McDonalds on their way home from daycare because I was meeting my mom and sister at 6 at the funeral home.  We all sat at the dinner table together and enjoyed our meal, then I headed out while Junior helped them finish up homework.  When I got home, they were outside riding bikes and scooters while Junior was working on a dirt bike for his dad.  (If you know anyone who wants to buy a dirt bike, they have 3 for sale right now.) Tyler is starting to get pretty good at riding without his training wheels, but we just don't have a long enough, or flat enough driveway for him to really get comfortable with it.  So as I was pulling in, I decided that we should throw it in the back of the car and go to the park to practice.  We walked around, played on the playground, the kids rode scooters, and Tyler was doing GREAT on his 2 wheeler :). He put his bike down, climbed in the car for a minute, then came over to the playground where Olivia and I were with something in his hand.  Olivia asks, "What's that?" Tyler responds, "A Nova." I was pretty impressed until I checked out the matchbox car and discovered that it was a T-Bird.  Oh well, it was still cute.  After a while, we heard something buzzing, then we saw a huge cloud of smoke approaching.  It was Junior.  He got the dirt bike running, but I think there's still a kink or two to work out :).



While the kids were playing, I was thinking about Tyler's cowboy boots, that he loves so much, and how they're too little for him, so I called wal-mart to see if they had some in his size (That's where I got the ones from last year). They checked and had one pair in his size, so we left the park, and headed to walmart.  We passed Bruster's on the way, and the kids asked for an ice cream.  I thought about it, said "no," thought about it some more, and decided to stop.  Their baby cones are free for kids 3 and under, and a dollar for anyone over 3, but the lady didn't charge me. I was SO excited :). (I know, it doesn't take much.)

When we got to walmart, the pair of boots they were holding for us at the dressing room was labeled wrong. I got kind of nervous, since she said that was their last pair, but decided that if those were labeled wrong, maybe there was another pair that was labeled wrong.  And to my delight, there was one pair in his size. He wore them out of the store, and even sat on the conveyor belt and got scanned :). The cashier was super nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment