Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Key Lime Cupcakes

My first experience with key lime cupcakes was at Greene's Tavern in Flowery Branch.  My sister went to see my cousin who had just gotten her first waitress job there and have dessert.  They were great! A few months later, I was at my mom's church and someone had made a key lime cake with cream cheese icing. It was also great!

A couple of weeks ago, I wanted to surprise Junior with something special.  I called my favorite bakery to see if they could bake him a key lime cake, but they don't make them.  The man who made our wedding cake makes insanely amazing cakes... and he makes a key lime cake/cupcakes, but I didn't want to bother him with such a last minute request.

Today, I was browsing pinterest.com and found a recipe for Key Lime Cupcakes. I decided to make them. Everything was from scratch.  I love to cook, more than most, but I'm actually not a "from scratch" kind of girl.  I like things that are quick and easy. But for my husband, and for Key Lime Cupcakes, I can do "from scratch."

I substituted whole milk for buttermilk in the recipe (I forgot the buttermilk at the grocery store, and Walgreens didn't have it when I stopped to pick up a picture, so I got whole milk) and it was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment