Sunday, October 16, 2011

TOO MUCH HAS HAPPENED...

in the last two days to blog about it all.  I think that's why I never blogged about our trip to Disney World.  But I wanted to share a few pictures from the Boshears Skyfest at Daniel Field in Augusta, Ga on Sat, and our trip to Jaemor Farms today to get pumpkins for carving, and to have a little fun.

The airshow was AMAZING!!!


 I think the highlight of Tyler's day, though, was the ride in the monster truck!
 He wanted to ride the mechanical bull, but turns out, he didn't love it.
 Olivia has seen this bouncer at several festivals, but has not gotten a chance to try it yet.  Well, Saturday at Daniel field was her day.... and she didn't like it :( but once he lowered her back down and she just got to jump with everyone watching, she was content.
 


We got lost for almost an hour on the way down there, but luckily we'd left with plenty of extra time (I was hoping to get to spend some time with my dear friend Tracy, who invited us) so after the delay, we ended up getting there just in time for the opening ceremonies. Tracy sent Mrs. Sherrell on her golf cart to pick us up at the gate, and she gave us a little history and background, and told us what to expect.  It was wonderful!! I felt like a rock star :). Thanks Tracy and Mrs. Sherrell. We didn't get lost on the way back home, and got home just in time for bedtime. PERFECT DAY!!! PERFECT WEATHER!!! (not really perfect behavior from the kiddos, but it WAS a long day, so I'll give them a little slack on that)

The next morning, the kids had to get baths before church since they got home in time to go straight to bed the night before.  Tyler wanted to take a bath first, but Olivia's hair takes longer to dry so I put her in first.  I distracted Tyler by asking him to help me make breakfast.

PUMPKIN PANCAKES... not pumpkin flavor, just pumpkin shaped!

Church was great, and after church we had lunch at Mrs. Janice's and she went with us to Jaemor to get pumpkins while Daddy helped Mr. Kent.

This is an "apple cannon" they shot apples at this school bus. I don't even know what to say about that, but the kids loved it, so that's what's important :).
 I just thought the side of this building would be a nice background for a picture.  I like it :)
 Tyler was supposed to get two slides with the ticket he bought, but one was enough.  It was a pretty cool idea, though.
 I thought this one was cute too :)

After we got our pumpkins, we went over to the pasture where Mr. Kent and Daddy were working, and the kids got to climb up into the deer stand they worked on the other week, and we just hung out for a while enjoying the environment, and the weather.

Dad has a rope tied up to the top of the ladder for the deer stand to pull your rifle up after you climb up and get in, they kids were playing with the rope, and then I got an idea.... uh oh... there was some scrap wood still in a pile with the brush from when they fixed the deer stand, so I dug out a 2x4 and tied it to the end of the rope to make a swing.  Not the sturdiest of swings, since it was a small rope just for guns, but it was strong enough for the kids :).



Then Mrs. Janice made us a delicious dinner, we enjoyed it, then headed home to crash.

Back to work tomorrow for me, but I have had a WONDERFUL weekend!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment