Saturday, September 3, 2011

ANYTHING BUT MY COUPONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Junior and I were suddenly awakened about 2:20 this morning to our neighbor pounding on our door.  He'd been on his front porch with his 12 year old who had a friend over (explains the staying up all night), and saw a blue Toyota Highlander stop in front of our driveway.  He started the walk over, from 2 houses down, when he noticed that the driver had gotten out of his car AND INTO MINE!!! He took my purse, my dirty lunch dish from school, and a bag of chips. When he saw my neighbor, now sprinting towards him, he ran back to his car and hauled tail out of there. He got a description of the car, but could not see the license plates because the robber didn't turn his lights on until he was several houses away from us. He felt bad that he couldn't stop them, or do more, but I was SO THANKFUL that he let us know immediately.  I had my debit card cancelled before the thief even had a chance to get to the nearest store to use it. Thanks to modern technology, I have already taken precautions to protect my accounts and my identity, and my new cards are already on the way.  There was one thing, though, that is not so easily replaceable.  MY COUPONS!!!!!!!!!!! Granted, I had absolutely NO CASH in my purse, not even a few pennies, I cleaned them out the other day, but taking my coupons is like taking money out of my purse. I'm so ticked!

I usually keep my car locked, especially since I leave my purse in there (well, used to anyway), but Junior and the kids pulled up yesterday just as I did, and I guess I got distracted and didn't hit the lock button.  Wouldn't you know... the one day.  I would beat myself up over leaving the doors unlocked, but I'd rather think that since they were unlocked, that scumbag lowlife didn't have to break the window.

I can't help but think, though, that he had to have been disappointed in what he got. A dirty dish, a bag of chips, some pictures of my kids, 2 advils in the bottom of a bottle, Tums, eyedrops, chapstick, a whole bunch of reciepts, a couple of checkbooks with only one check left in one of them and none in the other, some bandaids, maybe a matchbox car or two, some business cards, (Oh shoot, i just realized that my favorite nail file was in there. One of the nice "diamond cut" ones), some store discount cards, like my CVS card, a Sports Authority card, a Dick's Sporting Goods card... you know, stuff like that, MY COUPONS, and a Visa Check Card and a Mastercard Check Card that he won't even be able to use. I wish he would just bring my junk back since its obviously not going to do him any good. UGH!!!!! I would think that people who resort to stealing to get money wouldn't be using coupons.... its way too much work. MY WORK THAT THAT WORTHLESS SCUMBAG JUST TOOK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment