Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Lunch and Dinner

Yesterday, I was off work for an apointment, and since I work so far away, it makes much more sense not to try to go in for 3 or 4 hours... I'd be driving more than half the time I'm there.  So I had the entire day off, and was able to get to Olivia and Tyler's school for lunch with them before jetting over to my apt... which was on the same side of town.  I also got to read to each of their classes.  And Tyler's sweet teacher even put a little thank you note in their weekly classroom letter saying "thank you" to me for reading to them and they enjoyed it :).



And for dinner tonight, we had one of the kids' new favorites, "Chicken Bones" also popularly known as Drumsticks. My plan was to have it with Salad, but after talking about my leftover spaghetti for lunch today, Olivia decided she wanted her chicken bone with Spaghetti, so we had all three :).  The table, again, was covered with homework, coloring pages, and bead kits, so we decided to have our dinner on the back porch.  THE WEATHER COULD NOT HAVE BEEN MORE PERFECT!  Tyler demolished his "Chicken Bones" and Olivia finished hers, and wanted more spaghetti :).


After they finished eating, they made a B-line for the trampoline to enjoy the weather a little more :).  We hung out outside until Dad got back.
What a wonderful evening :).

No comments:

Post a Comment