Wednesday, September 7, 2011

DRAAAAMMMMAAAAA!!!!!

OVER GUM!!!!!!!

Olivia and Tyler went into the grocery store with me to pick up a couple of things while Junior waited in the truck.  We picked up what we needed, and I just sort of ignored the pleas to buy a new toy or coloring book.  As we were standing in line to pay, Tyler, all of a sudden, bursts into tears, complete with red face, and wailing... he runs straight to the wall and hides his face as he sobs. I yell "Tyler Lance, get over here right now" upset that he ran away from me in the store.  He came back, and admitted to why he was crying.  I had to FIGHT HARD... the urge to "give him something to cry about" as my dad always said. I was SO embarrased.  I'm pretty proud of the way they behave on a regular basis.  I try to be firm and consistent with discipline, and explain why we can or can't do certain things. And they are SO good.  But I guess I'll just call it a mini breakdown, and hope it doesn't happen again!

Of course, he was over it by the time we got home. He did great on his homework, and even did some extra work. I don't know what in the world caused all the drama, but, at least its over for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment