Thursday, September 8, 2011

Loving this Weather

On my way home from work today, I realized that I didn't have anything laid out to cook for dinner, and really didn't want to go to the grocery store AGAIN (especially since my coupons were stolen along with my purse :(... I HATE going to the grocery store without coupons!), so I decided to make the kids happy with some McDonalds, and Daddy happy with no dishes, and of course me happy with not having to cook. It was a win-win-win!

As I unload the car, thrilled with my idea to bring dinner, I'm smiling ear to ear at the thought of making my sweet babies happy.  I ring the doorbell so they'll come to the door and see me with the food.... and I should have expected this, but I was thinking about my usual "JESSICA!! How was your good day?" from Olivia and my running up hug from Tyler, and didn't even think that their eyes would stop at the McDonalds bags and not even SEE me. (You've probably guessed by now that McDonalds is a pretty big treat for my kids, Junior and I try to avoid it.) So, what happens? The door opens, then a shreek, followed by "MCDONALDS!!!" and "Can that one be mine?" I say sure, give Olivia the drink she wants, and proceed into the house.  Olivia announces "Everyone come to the table, its time to eat." But, the table is covered in homework, so we decided to picnic on the trampoline. Well, the kids and I were on the trampoline, and Junior stood beside us.  The weather was WONDERFUL, the food was good, the kids were happy, the family was together, and my heart smiled :) (oh, and there was no mess to clean up). Then when we were done, they were able to go right back to the homework since it was still opened to where they left off :). Yet another win-win!

Stellar Evening, I'd say!

No comments:

Post a Comment