Sunday, September 11, 2011

Where were you?

On September 11, 2001, I was in my little red skittle ('97 cavalier), on the way to class when there was NO music on the radio.  I couldn't believe that all the stations were talking at the same time, how inconvenient when I'm trying to wake up on my way to school! So, I put in a CD, and continued on my way, not paying attention to what anyone was saying. I got to class, and was SO ticked when I arrived to find a note on the door that said class was cancelled and everyone should go to the student center.  I would have gone home if I hadn't had another class after it. So I walked across to campus, frustrated with every step. I got to the student center to find tons of people there, and all the televisions were tuned to the news, which was reporting live from the World Trade Center.  I FELT LIKE SUCH A JERK!! Here I was, alive, safe, healthy, and mad over the radio and a class?!?!?! It was a very humbling and eye opening experience.

I feel embarrased that this was my experience, but that just goes to show an example of what a huge effect this event had on our country.  Even people like me who had no attachment other than being a citizen of a country under attack learned such an important lesson in putting things into perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment