Saturday, September 17, 2011

Ready, Aim, Fire!

Let me set the scene for you:
We're at Mom and Dad's house. Lindsey, Mom, and I are in the kitchen.  Dad, Junior, the kids, and Matt are outside. Dad comes through the house. Mom asks him if he needs something. He says "no." Dad comes back through the kitchen headed back outside with a 22 rifle, and a sack of ammo. I know exactly what is about to take place, but still ask, "What are you doing with that gun, Dad?" He responds "shoot a box." I ask "Are my children going to be participating in this?" He responds, "Maybe" and leaves the kitchen.  I say to my mom and sister, "Here, finish this for me, please, I'm going out there." "I've gotta get a picture."

So it official! Olivia and Tyler have now fired a real gun for the first time.  I shouldn't be surprised, I was 6 the first I shot a gun. I'm proud of them for not being afraid, and for listening so well and following directions. They have understood the seriousness of guns for a while now, and are very good about not touching them without permission or help. We don't have them laying around the house, or anything, but we do own them, and do want them to be respectful of how dangerous they can be.

Wanna see those pictures I just had to take?????


And here's Tyler checking for holes in the box :).


He found some :)

No comments:

Post a Comment